Monday, October 15, 2007

The Very First "Dear Opus and Roscoe"

Today's first email comes to us from a cat in Indiana. Panther writes:

Dear Opus and Roscoe,
I have a problem that I hope you can help me with. About a year ago, my humans brought home a baby and I have slowly had to adjust to this extra person in our house. Well now she walks and talks and wants to climb all over me. I know I can't hurt her or my humans will be mad. She likes to lay all over me and chase me whenever she can. I have included a picture of her laying on top of me. Do you have any suggestions for putting up with this human?
Sincerely,
Panther


(Evidence: exhibit A- The human in this video is not saying "shoot her" as in with a gun, but rather "shoot her" as in "take the picture").

Dear Panther,
We hate to sound mean, but if you would have spaid and neutered your humans when you first got them, this wouldn't even be an issue. It is very important to be a responsible human owner. It is too late to look back now, as the damage has been done. We are afraid to tell you that you are simply stuck with this tiny human and will have to deal with it as best you can. If you, in any way, act out against this little, love-monster, it will surely be the quickest way to get kicked out of the house. This is a delicate situation and must be dealt with carefully. What you must remember is that the little human, though it may be annoying at times, is just in love with you. And rightfully so, you are a beautiful cat. Since she hasn't learned how to express her feelings better, the only way she can tell you she loves you is by showing you, hence the "snuggling". Maybe if you look at it from this perspective, it won't seem so bad. As for the chasing, she is just after another hug. Once in a while stop and let her have it. It isn't easy living with humans, but it is something that we must do. As life changes (like a tiny human comes to live in your house) as must we. It is important to remember that just because there is a baby in the house doesn't mean that your humans don't love you. There is plenty of love in their hearts for the both of you.


Best of wishes,
Opus and Roscoe

Come back next Monday for another edition of "Dear Opus and Roscoe".

6 comments:

G and G A said...

Dear Opus & Roscoe,
I must say that you hit the nail right on the head with your advise. Being around Panther and Cara I know that she truly loves the cat so much. I believe one of her first words were "Cat". What an honor to have her learn cat so soon in her developing years. What a wonderful sister and cousin you cats have with Cara in your lives.
Grandma A

Anonymous said...

Opus and Roscoe, that was a very good post and a fine reminder about the need to get your humans spayed and neutered. At any rate, I can only add to find some good hiding places where the the child can't get. The higher the better...

Just Ducky said...

Sheesh, that little sticky thing was all over Panther. I am surprised that the little human hasn't been scratched up at this poing.

Panther is a very patient kittie. I am not that patient. I would run and hide.

P.S. Are we allowed to get our humans spayed or neutered?

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is very good advice, Opus and Roscoe. I am lucky that my humans have no small, sticky-fingered small humans, and have no plans to ever bring any home. That makes me happy!

Sassy Kat said...

I am new to the blogging world and came across this post about Panther. I am worried that Panther didn't write back to you about the good advise you gave him. I do hope that he didn't get squished by the human baby.

Anonymous said...

Dear Opus and Roscoe,
Thank you very much for the advice on handling my human sister. I do know that her outpouring of affection is simply based on infatuation and love, and with that I must behave myself and let her continue to love me. Thank you for making your first response dedicated to my predicament.