Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Date with Miss Lacie

I have to admit that I was a bit nervous on Sunday. Not only was this my first date with Miss Lacie, but it was my first date EVER! Normally I don't date because the human said I am too young. But with Roscoe gone, I have been able to get away with a lot more stuff than I ever did before.

Somehow Lacie and I got our plans mixed up. As I headed over to Pittsburgh to pick her up...


(photo by Sassy)

...she was in Rome waiting for me! (And yes that I me driving the van rather than flying it. The cost of magic dust keeps going up so I was trying to conserve my fuel).

Doesn't she look just BEAUTIFUL??!!!!

(photo by Lacie)

At last we met up with each other in Pittsburgh, just in time for a nice brunch. Afterwards, we headed over the Andy Warhol museum to check out the works of art by America's #1 Pop artist.


Our favorite exhibit was the Cloud Room where giant silver balloons float gently around the room. It is an exhibition that you are suppose to interact with, so Lacie and I wasted no time. It was so much fun chasing the balloons around, even if I might have popped a couple. You should have seen how high Lacie was able to jump! I was very impressed!

There were some pieces of art that we just didn't understand. I mean, how can a stack of boxes be considered art? We tried our best to understand and thoroughly examined the "art"...

But we got a little too close. It would have been okay except that we lost our balance (because we were laughing so hard). The next thing we knew the "art" was flying all over the room!

We got out of there REAL quick! After a day at the museum, we decided that it was time to head out for a romantic dinner. As we drove through the city to our next destination, I had the strange feeling that Lacie and I were not alone.

(Asta, Sassy, Momo, Karl & Ruis in the back of the van)

On Lacie's recommendation, I made reservations for us at the Montery Bay Fish Grotto. It is a gorgeous, high-end, sea food restaurant which sits on the top of hill, over looking the beautiful Pittsburgh skyline. We rode the cable car to the top, admiring the view all the way up.

(photo by Sassy)

We enjoyed a romantic dinner as the sun set on Pittsburgh. The view was breathtaking, as was Lacie. We watched the city below wink at us with twinkling lights. But I still couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watched. Perhaps I am turning into a paranoid cat.


At the end of our evening, I presented Lacie with a gift. It was a painting I had made for her. I hope that each time she looks at it, she will remember our wonderful day together in Pittsburgh.


I had planned to just drop her off at home, but when we arrived at her house we found that there was a party in full swing. Lacie's parents were gone for the weekend and her brothers, Scruffy and baby Stan, were having a card party. They kindly asked if I would like to join them. Being the only cat in house, I nervously took my seat at the table hoping that all the dogs were friendly.

(photo by Asta)

They didn't growl at me once. Not even when I won ALL of their money! Hehehehehe! Thank you Lacie for the wonderful date. And thank you to all of my new doggie friends for allowing this old cat to join in on the dog-gone fun!

12 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are thrilled you and Miss Lacie had so much fun. ~S,S & C

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Opus, you looked like you had a wonderful time with Lacie!! We are so happy for you! Hoping your day is filled with fun!
Your FL furiends,

Asta said...

Opus
We wewen't thewe Honest( Asta cwosses hew paws behinfd hew back) hehehehe
Ok so we followe you, we just wanted to make suwe you wewe having a good time and no hawm would come to you on this fiwst date..You awe a twue gentlemancat. Lacie is vewy lucky to have had this date wif you...and I'm so glad you stayed fow the pokew....I just hope Mumsie doesn't have a heawt attack when she see what the house looks like on awwival fwiday, hehehe
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Molly the Airedale said...

You are one cool cat, Opus! We really had a great time playing poker with you! We can tell that you and Lacie had a wonderfully fun date!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Juno said...

OMD, what a fun time!! Even looking at these pictures makes us happy!

Thank you for preparing a graphic for GirlGirl. We have posted it on our blog.

Momo & Pinot

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

What a wonderful time you had!!! We enjoyed ourselves immensely too!!! I just love going on dates, including those of others.

Sassy Kat said...

You two sure make a cutie couple. Looks like you had a fun time after you figured out who was where. You really didn't think that we wouldn't supervise your first date did you?
I heard that you cleaned up at the poker game which is great as now you will have money for the dust for the MFV and can fly next time.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! That looks like you guys has a grand time.

Karl and Ruis said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - looking at the pictures is even more fun than trying to watch you secretly!
We hope next time you chose a restaurant a bit more "down to earth" - that was REALLY high there to hold on at the outside of the windows!!!
What an awesome date!!! We think you'll make a great couple and are looking forward to your next dates. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Karl and Ruis

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Opus...you've got to be kiddin' me...THAT WAS UR FIRST DATE EVER??

Oh my....

You were so suave and deb on aire....I have NEVER been treated like such a lady! You opened doors for me, held my chair, walked on the OUTSIDE OF THE SIDEWALK in the city...(a very old gentlemanly tradition...when horses used to splash by, the men would get wet...not the ladies...and given that felines don't really like water, that made it even more special!)

Our trip to the Warhol was AMAZING! AND how much fun was it when the security guards chased us through the North Side of the city???? I thought your idea of hidin' in the Steeler's stadium...(just down the street from the museum)was brilliant....

Wasn't that fish you had esquisite at Monterey Bay? My surf and turf was just as good...Um...I really couldn't believe Asta and those other kitties were hangin' on the window...that restaurant is 6 stories higher than street level and street level is a cliff over the city...they could have just taken that glass elevator up the side...it would have been tons easier than havin' to call 911 to rescue them....and that fine! Pittsburgh police get sooooo tired of pullin' inebriated hoomans off the side of Mt. Washington, they charge a lot...they seemed a bit surprised at the felines and lone canine hangin' there!

The dogs LOVED how cool you were at the poker pawty...BTW...aren't ya going to get in trouble for still being here? Mumsie won't be home till Friday so we have several more days of wrecking havoc. We're very saddened about Girl Girl, but we think she wouldn't want us to be sad. She's at the bridge playin' chasey with Roscoe and all the others that have gone before us!

Opus...I just put an order in for an ant chov ee pizza for ya...I have a hooge vat of fish chowder here in a bowl for you...

Thank you ever most for the bootiful date...we hafta do it again soonest...you're a total sweetheart!

Love and kissies...
Laciegirl

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Pee ess...Mumsie is in North Carolina visiting Big Sissy...wait till you see pix of her kitties....

Big Sissy aka Cat Woman is a first year sixth grade teacher. They are planning on studying ITALY next...they just finished up Greece. We might be asking you for some pix you might have to help in their studies???!!!

Love, Lacie

Pee Ess...one of her kitties looks just like Sassy...her other kitty is pure white with green eyes...very attractive!

Mumsie will post pix when she gets home!

Jans Funny Farm said...

You do lead an interesting life, Opus. Looks like you had a fun and profitable day.