Sunday, December 7, 2008

An Arabian Night

Ruis's party was a hit! We had such a good time dancing, eating, and celebrating! Lacie and I spent some quiet time in a tent, getting to know each other. She is such a great dog!



Later I took her for a camel ride at sunset. We had a little trouble getting up onto the camel, but once there the ride went smoothly.

After our camel ride, it was time to put on our costumes and hit the dance floor! Lacie was a great belly dancer. I do hope that I impressed her with some of my dance moves!


There was so much terrific food at the party, I didn't know where to start! Lacie was brave enough to try a lizard and she even liked it! She said it tasted like bacon!

(photo by Karl)

All that eating and dancing made me sleepy, so I slipped away to find a quiet spot to curl up. While I was asleep, I dreamed that I was a great Sheik with a magical lamp and one special genie!

After my catnap, I took Lacie for night ride on Karl's magical, flying carpet. It was so very romantic under the night sky which was full of sparking stars. But being the gentlecat that I am, I can assure you that nothing happened.


Of course my favorite part of the night was when Mrs. Oz rubbed a lamp and all of our friends from across the bridge, including Roscoe, appeared in a cloud of smoke and sang happy birthday.

(photo by Karl)

The entire day was, in a word, magical. But all good things must come to an end, as did the party. I said good night to Miss Lacie and she boarded the magic carpet with Socks and Stanley to return home.

With all of the guests gone Momo, Asta, Sassy and I packed our bag.


We are off for a very fun vacation, but don't tell Karl and Ruis; it is a surprise!

8 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I knew that GPS thing Sassy & MoMo wanted me to bring was going to led to trouble. Have fun guys. ~Socks

We are very sure Miss Lacy is very impressed with you Opus. We are. ~Scylla & Charybdis

The Cat Realm said...

This was a great party for sure! We were so happy to have you all here, Lacie seems to be the most wonderful girl, Opus! I was very so glad I did rub that lamp! Who would have thought...
But I have to say - I am a bit suspicious about that suitcase thing! But I wont mention anything to Karl and Ruis, promise!
Mrs. OZ

Gemini and Ichiro said...

It was an excellent party.

Asta said...

Opus
What a faboolous pawty, and how wondewful that roscoe could be wif us too..I think Lacie was ovewhwelmed by youw genewosity and gentlecatness..you awe the best
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Sweetest Sir Opus!

Thank you ever so much for inviting me to such a wonderful celebration! I have never had a better time! The dancin'...(impress me???; I was floored by how amazinly well you can dance...I looked like a complete am a ture, by comparison!) the foodie...oh that lizard...as soon as I got home I made myself a LLT sandwich...ya know...lizard, lettuce and tomato....delissssssh!!, and best of all that magic carpet ride...it was totally fabulous...(for once Lacie is almost speechless...that means she still talks twice as much as any other dog...) The camel ride was a little unsettling...I swear that camel took an instant aversion to me...good thing we brought my blender! I have no idea how you came up with ice in the middle of the desert. A couple of sips of my soothin' camel smoothie and Mrs. Camel settled right down...

Oh Opus...(is it permissable to address you without your title?) I had a wonderful time!

Thank you so very much for inviting me...you are such a kitty and a gentleman!

Love and kissies...

Laciegirl

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

What a party!!! I am sure Lacie is impressed by you. I certainly am. What a romantic carpet ride in the desert. Just magical!!!

OK onto something else. Ready?????

Jans Funny Farm said...

Just stopped by to say hello. We'll be back, soon we hope.

Sassy Kat said...

What a great party! Sorry that our surprise for Karl ended up being a surprise for us instead. I still think he knew we were in the you know what, oh well, better luck next time.